fbpx

My Equestrian Network Linking Policy

My Equestrian Network Forums My Equestrian Network Welcome Area Announcements My Equestrian Network Linking Policy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Sam Anderson avatarsanderson
      Keymaster

My Equestrian Network Linking Policy describes our rules about linking to other websites and the rationales for them. If after reading this policy you are in doubt about a link you would like to post, or otherwise have any questions, comments, or concerns, please send a message to Admin or the Moderation Team.

If you see any posts that appear to violate the rules below, please use the report post button beneath the poster’s avatar to bring the post to the attention of the My Equestrian Network team.

My Equestrian Network is a product of intense, ongoing effort

The members of My Equestrian Network Support Team collectively volunteer to keep the community as pleasant, helpful and welcoming as possible, and that’s in addition to maintaining full-time jobs, families, etc.

No Unauthorised Advertising

It’s in part owing to the tremendous amount of effort that goes into maintaining the community that we don’t like to see people taking advantage of this platform and divert visitors to their own websites by linking to them, promoting their products, etc. Running and maintaining My Equestrian Network incurs considerable costs for servers, photo and video hosting as well as updating and supporting the network platform and moderation of topics. We do not charge for access to the network for members and so to offset the free us of this network we invite businesses and individuals to become Site Sponsors or Advertisers, in return of their sponsorship donations we allow them to advertise their business or services to the network.

Advertising on the network enables us to keep the network open to users free of charge and so we ask all members to respect this rule of no unauthorised advertising. If you are interested in advertising opportunities at My Equestrian Network, please Contact Us.

Active members who are Bloggers may link to their personal blog websites so long as there is no commercial benefit to the individual of having My Equestrian Network members visiting the site.

We ask that you in turn support the network by linking to My Equestrian Network as described below, for which you will receive a Linking Member Designation.

You Can Link To Your Personal Blog In Your Signature, But Not In Posts

We understand that not everyone who links to their own site does so because they are particularly interested in driving traffic to it or realising a commercial gain, and members are welcome to link to their personal blogs from My Equestrian Network. However, pursuant to the above, we ask that members not actively promote their blogs here by putting links to them in posts. You are welcome to passively promote your personal blog by adding a link to it in your signature, but please do not use promotional language like “Check it out” etc..

We ask that members who do link to their blogs in their signature return the favour by adding a link to My Equestrian Network to their blog. You can add a link to My Equestrian Network to your blog by using the HTML code below:

HTML Code:
      My Equestrian Network

Please let us know if you’ve linked to My Equestrian Network from your blog so that we can set you up with a Linking Member designation, which is a special icon that appears beside your username.

Do Not Link To Facebook or Divert Members by posting invites to join you on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or online games.

“But, but, but…” we know, and we’re sorry, but there are several reasons why links to Facebook are restricted at My Equestrian Network.

First and foremost, there are many younger Internet users who don’t realise or appreciate the potential danger and aggravation that sharing their real identity on a publicly accessible Internet forum can have. There are many adults who don’t either, for that matter, until somebody who’d taken a particular interest in their posts, for whatever reason, follows their Facebook link and takes a less than desirable interest in their real identity.

Do Not Link To Other Forums Or Social Networks

Further to the above, in order to ensure that My Equestrian Network remains a vibrant community for equestrian related discussion, please do not link to or otherwise promote other forums or social networks.

Equally importantly, we put a lot of effort into addressing issues at My Equestrian Network so that the majority of visitors can have as pleasant an experience here as possible. The last thing we want is to see drama from another online community brought here by way of linking to it.

Do Not Link To Horse Games

We love a good game ourselves, but we love seeing My Equestrian Network stay a vibrant, active place for discussing horses even more. For that reason, we ask that you not divert visitors from My Equestrian Network by linking to horse games.

Linking To Other Sites

Please feel free to link to websites that are not covered by the rules above so long as you are not affiliated with the website in any way or otherwise doing so out of self-interest. Members and/ or posts that appear to be shills (self-interested parties pretending to be otherwise) for websites, companies, etc. are subject to removal. If you are looking to receive something that is of self-interest from a link share, use the official advertising methods and support our network with your donations of keeping the network open for free of charge for all members. It’s only fair that if our network members provide you with commercial interest/ gain out of a link share that the network is compensated for this traffic and that any sponsorship or advertising fees go back into the running of the network.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.